Search This Blog

28 July 2010

Not The Kind With Bees

I hate to even type the words because every time I do I seem to jinx them out of happening, but the hives seem to have subsided for now.  {Thank God} Last night was the worst of them with my face, neck, hands and stomach being completely covered.  I finally broke down and had a hysterical sob fest and then dunked my body into a cold bath filled with two packets of Aveeno Soothing Bath Treatment.  I popped four Benadryl, covered my body in Calamine lotion and passed out for the night.

This morning, my face and hands had cleared up, but the hives had migrated to my legs and feet.  I got back in the tub and soaked again for about 30 minutes and they have almost completely disappeared.  Hopefully they stay gone!  It is so frustrating feeling so bad and not being able to do the things I am used to doing.

The timing of these hives is horrible since my brother is in town, but it has also been so great having him here to take care of Olivia for me while I've tried to get myself better.  He is amazing with her and she just loves him to pieces!

This morning's Benadryl has kicked in so I am just going to post a few pictures from our trip to the fair and Avila Beach.


She was a Buffalo Soldier...


The sheepdog at the Mutton' Bustin' corral

  


Showing off her pigtails

See that watermelon barrette?  Yep, I made that myself!


She's so adventurous!

Happy Wednesday from the Central Coast!

1 comment:

Mom Cooper said...

I am so glad you are better and those darn hives are almost gone. Love the pictures of Olivia with her Papa and her Uncle Ryan.