Search This Blog

13 October 2010

Happy 2nd Birthday, Baby Blog!

It's hard to believe that it's been two years since I started blogging.  Last year, I spent a lot of time and calculated how many posts, comments, mentions, etc that I'd done.  Well, sorry folks, I don't have time for that these days.  Instead I thought I would fill you in on the one thing that gets blogged about the least -- me!  Kind of ironic, huh?   Here are 50 {if I can come up with that many} random facts about yours truly.

1.  When people send these types of forwards out, my name is almost always next to the phrase "person least likely to fill this out."

2.  I check my email first thing every morning...kind of like reading the newspaper for some people.  Notice I said "check" and not necessarily respond.

3.  I slept with my baby blanket until I was a sophomore in college {when it was almost torn to shreds} and then switched to the teddy bear that I sleep with now.

4.  I have one of our credit card numbers memorized.

5.  I have a secret addiction to online shopping.  Shhh, don't tell David.

6.  My first major in college was business....because I was good at math and liked the professional looking clothes at Ann Taylor.  No joke.

7.  I was in a sorority in college.

8.  By second semester of my senior year, number 7 wasn't true anymore.

9.  I am dying to go to Sea World.

10.  I can watch a movie and completely forget pretty much everything about it two weeks later.

11.  I would much rather bake than cook.

12.  The only time I skipped school in high school was Senior Skip Day.  I made up for it my sophomore year in college.

13.  I love the beach, but am scared of swimming in the ocean.

14.  My first car was a 5 speed Pontiac Sunbird...with only am/fm radio capabilities.

15.  My favorite nail color is Passion by OPI.

16.  I have {hands-down} the best parents on Earth.

17.  Same goes for my brother.

18.  And, my husband and daughter aren't too shabby either.

19.  My best round of 9-hole golf was a one under par, 35, at Seymour Elks.

20.  I have at least five different email addresses, but only use two.  One is the most complicated and still uses my maiden name.

21.  I have a secret love affair with karaoke.  {But, you knew that already.}

22.  If we ever get another dog, I want it to be a Great Dane.

23.  I started babysitting when I was 10.  I have a hard time letting a college student babysit Olivia.

24.  After watching THIS* video, I am petrified of having my wisdom teeth taken out.

25.  I detest mornings, but could stay up until after 11 each night.

26.  I still have {very realistic} dreams about my grandparents who have been dead for over 10 years.

27.  My dad was my 7th grade Industrial Arts teacher.

28.  I coached middle school golf and middle school cross country.  {You can go ahead and pick your chin up off the floor ...}

29.  My all-time favorite song is the Soulive featuring Dave Matthews version of Ani DiFranco's Joyful Girl.

30.  I have flown more times in the last 5 years than I had in the first 28 years of my life.

31.  I don't have the greatest time management skills.

32.  My grandma was 32 when she had my mom, my mom was 32 when she had me, and I was 32 when I had Olivia.

33.  There are only two vegetables that I like both raw and cooked - carrots and bell peppers.

34.  I like raw cookie dough better than baked cookies.  {But, really, who doesn't?!}

35.  I usually have about 5 craft projects going at once...some never get finished.

36.  I have a brand new sewing machine just waiting for me to learn to use it.

37.  The thing I miss most about teaching isn't the students - it's my colleagues.

38.  I have to have at least one piece of chocolate every day.

39.  I LOVE photobooths!

40.  A diet coke is my morning coffeee.

41.  I love taking showers, but hate the getting ready process.

42.  I have seen every season of Project Runway.

43.  I watched every season of Lost up through the very last one.  I have zero desire to even know how it ended.

44.  One of my greatest friends is someone I really only talk to through texts and emails -- love ya, girl!

45.  I really miss being in close vicinity to my good friends.  Especially those with babies of their own.

46.  Target is my favorite "go-to" store.

47.  I used to play the guitar.  {Kinda}

48.  I love making mix cds for people.

49.  Pink is my favorite color.

50.  I have always wanted to be a mom.

YOWSA!  That was a lot harder than I thought!  Thanks for sticking with me for another year...I hope to keep this blog up as long as possible.

*I've tried a few times to link the youtube clip and it's giving me problems.  If you want to see it, search "Brother and Sister Dental Odyssey" on youtube and it should show up.  It's actually quite funny.
Happy Blog Birthday from the Central Coast!

3 comments:

Marissa said...

Wow, I feel like I learned a lot about you from this. I never knew you were in a sorority, for example. And I disagree with the cookie dough thing - I definitely don't like it. Crazy, so I'm told. :) Love you!

Unknown said...

I proudly claim #44!
You are my BEST email/text friend in the world. I hate talking on the phone these days. Once the day is over and Caroline is finally sleeping, I want to hear no one's voice... except maybe Riggins or Draper's.
xoxo

Mom Cooper said...

#51 You are the best daughter any mother could ask for. I love you dearly.