Search This Blog

16 October 2012

Our California Adventure, Part 1

It seems like months ago that we left for our two week adventure in California.  I am still trying to catch up on sleep...and unpack.  

As I mentioned in the previous post, we packed a lot of stuff.  It's a good thing my husband is an expert Jenga/Tetris player and was able to get it all in the car.



The girls did a great job on the way out...thanks to a nice rotation of an iPad, an iPod and a Google Nexus and of course, some yummy snacks.  Those helped me too, since I was the driver.  David did  a good job of keeping the girls happy while also doing some work on the road.


Except when he was doing this {in the back of my parents' car}:

We were heading straight to Burbank because we had tickets to the Ellen Show on Monday.  Of course, before it was even lunchtime, my brother had planned out where we were going to stop for our afternoon dinner.

And, let me say, Bob's Big Boy is NO Frisch's Big Boy.

The men spent Monday morning touring Warner Bros. studios while Mom and I watched the girls and got ourselves prettied up for the Ellen Show.  

My brother scored us VIP tickets, so we were guaranteed seats to the show.  It was a bit of a wait before it started, but time flew during the actual show.  I was hoping for a little Julia Roberts or Justin Timberlake, but we got Lea Michelle from Glee {I've never seen Glee} and then two real-life people.  Matchbox Twenty was the musical guest and I'm not the biggest fan of their music, but it was a really cool experience being there.  Ellen is the best.




My dad was in charge of the girls and it was too hot for them to do the zoo {which was the original plan}, but I found an indoor playground for them to go to.  He did a great job taking care of them and we are so appreciative of him!  Poor guy was worn out when by the end of the day.

Also, while we were at the show, Hala was busy picking up an EMMY award!  An award that my brother also got!  So, now I can say I have an Emmy award winning brother!  {And he can say that he is an Emmy award winning executive producer!}  Exclamation Exclamation!


To Be Continued...

No comments: